Making the end game level
It's been a long time since I created a last level for a game, I started out with talking to the artists that was going to supply me with the props. We decided that the main theme for the map would be that the player would move down to find the source of the plague spreading across the magic school.
I started to draw rooms in my note book and piece them together when I re drew them in Photoshop. To make the levels in the game interesting we added a lot of vertically in every level wich feels good and make up for some cool gameplay.
The in game level and layout do look alike but more rooms where added while some areas was remade completely like the player start area that was re designed several times to fit for several players but also making sure that culling worked like is should.